If you graduated within the past two years and have not already distributed a collection, then the Designer for Tomorrow Award might give you a step in the right direction.
Established in 2009, the “Designer for Tomorrow” award (DfT) is a visible platform for creative ability and offers top up-and-coming designers a chance to be discovered as such and to gain the attention of the fashion industry and the general public. The mission of the initiative is to provide individual, professional support to up-and-coming designers over the long term.
Peek & Cloppenburg Düsseldorf (P&C) – an established brand in retail fashion that embodies tradition, experience, and useful contacts – together with Fashion ID, its online shop, represent a strong foundation for supporting up-and-coming designers with experience, industry contacts, and presentation opportunities both online and offline.
Excluded from participation in the DfT are:
- participants, who have already commercially sold their own collection until the date of their application to participate in the DfT competition, unless they have distributed fashion items or collections designed by them only through studio, showroom or online sales directly to end customers. Participants who distributed fashion items or collections designed by them via wholesale channels will be excluded from the competition.
- finalists of former “Designer for Tomorrow” competitions, and
- employees of an Affiliated Company.
The collections handed in for application to the DfT (hereinafter “Application Collection”) and for the DfT Award Show (hereinafter “Show Collection”) must
- either be a women’s wear or men’s wear collection or a mixture of both,
- include at least eight complete outfits, i. e. article/s of clothing that result in a matching overall picture (Show Collection only, does not apply to Application Collection),
- not have been shown in competitions before.
For more information visit https://www.designer-for-tomorrow.com/dft-fashion-award/